CrossConnect for Windows 10 is now released. This version now applies to all phones, pads, tablets, PCs and Desktops. The added features are as follows:
- One Drive backup/restore redone to be MUCH faster (100+ times) and more efficient in all ways.
- The backup/restore is now working on even local disks and memory disks.
- A new import of “Sword Modules” is implemented. This means it is now much easier to import your own bibles/commentaries/dictionaries/books from a disk instead of being forced to only download from the servers.
- Two new Sword formats are allowed. They are “RawText” and “RawCom” which although these are very rare formats, they do have importance. This is because there is a fantastic tool available called Simple Bible Reader / Converter which converts virtually any bible to the Sword format yet only the “RawText” and “RawCom” Sword format WHICH now work in CrossConnect. This new functionality together with the new functionality of importing your own Sword module gives a powerful new lift to CrossConnect.
- The phone and desktop-app programs are now identical. The same look and feel and the same user interface. This will be a major lift for the phone users since many were longing for the desktop type of interface. Since the code between the phone and desktop is the same, this means all functionality is the same. However, some devices have
limited functionality which might limit what CrossConnect can do on that particular device.
- The audio playback is redone to allow better background playing capabilities. This fixes some bugs in the phones audio system and gives to the desktop the new background audio capability which means you can listen to the bible at the same time you do other work or play.